Posts for tag: family dentistry
Would you dental appointments that are less hectic and more convenient? Are you tired of running all over town seeing one dentist for your needs, another for Mom or Dad and yet another for your children? With our Grand Haven, MI family dentist, Dr. John Leitner, you and your loved ones can enjoy a relaxed, patient-centered experience no matter your age or what your oral health needs are. Dr. Leitner is a true family dentist, possessing a wide skill set encompassing preventive, restorative and cosmetic dentistry. It's all for you, and it's in one convenient location.
Prevention is the cornerstone
Your Grand Haven family dentist recommends twice daily brushing and once a day flossing according to the standards set by the American Dental Association. Then, Dr. Leitner expands on what you and your family do at home with semi-annual oral examinations and cleanings which help prevent tooth decay and gum disease and also detect problems while they are small and highly treatable.
Conscientious preventive dentistry involves the latest in diagnostics. Dr. Leitner employs:
- Digital X-rays for instant viewing and paperless storage
- Tek Scan bite analysis to ensure your teeth come together correctly
- Microscopic examination of teeth and gums to reveal hidden cavities and gum issues
And, the dental team offers mouthguards, TMJ and sleep apnea analysis, and fluoride treatments, services which keep your teeth and gums safe and strong and your overall well-being vibrant. With the results of your examination, Dr. Leitner composes your individualized treatment plan which includes preventive measures and also restorative and cosmetic recommendations.
Restorations bring back health, form and function
Your family dentist encounters gum disease and dental decay in patients of all ages. These conditions are leading causes of tooth loss in the United States. If you or a loved one has a small cavity or mild gingivitis, or if more advanced problems are uncovered, rest assured Dr. Leitner is prepared to restore your smile.
His restorative treatments include:
- Tooth-colored fillings
- Root canal therapy
- Dental Implants and mini-implants
- Treatment of TMJ (jaw joint dysfunction), migraines and bruxism, or teeth clenching
Dr. Leitner and his team also use the innovative Canary System which finds very small cavities undetected by other standard methods. Dr. Leitner can treat cavities when they are much smaller (meaning less pain and less cost). In addition to conventional scaling and root planing for gum disease, your Grand Haven family dentist offers Periolase gum therapy, employing a no-cutting, no suturing LASER to debride and heal infected gum tissue.
Improving dental aesthetics
You and your loved ones should feel good about how their smiles look. As such, Dr. Leitner offers many cosmetic services to enhance tooth shape, color and alignment. Whether your teen needs a porcelain veneer to disguise a chipped front tooth or you or your Mom desire a brighter smile through professional whitening, you'll find it at Dr. Leitner's dental office.
Come see us
And bring the family for the finest dental care in the Grand Haven, MI, area. For appointments, contact the office at (616) 842-2850.
1. A Friendly and Caring Staff
2. Many Services for Our Patients
- Mini implants – Denture stabilization
- Lifetime whitening
- Deep bleaching
- Smile Enhancements
- PerioLase® – Laser treatment for gum disease
- Crowns and bridges; restoring implants
- Porcelain veneers
- TMJ/TMD pain treatment
- Sleep appliances
- NTI – Treatment for migraines, tooth clenching and grinding
- Root canal therapy
- Oral exam and professional teeth cleaning
- Early cavity detection with the Canary System
3. In-Office Dental Technology
- Microscopic dentistry: Dr. Leitner is very educated on using microscopes for enhanced dentistry. Microscopes allow Dr. Leitner to view images up to 20x their normal view, which makes it easier to find and treat decay, cracks in teeth, dental calculus on teeth sides, infected teeth or other dental problems.
- Occlusion and T-scan: The T-scan is used to acquire a bite analysis of your mouth. If your bite is poor, a T-scan will point it out. A misaligned bite can lead to damaged restorations, loose teeth, TMJ or jaw pain, flattened teeth, teeth sensitivity, and headaches.
- Digital x-rays and photography