Have you been told you have gum disease?
Periodontitis, commonly known as gum disease, is diagnosed in almost 50 percent of adult dental patients in the United States. While gum disease is treatable, it remains the #1 cause of tooth loss. If you show any signs of having gum disease, let your dentist know as soon as possible.
Common symptoms of gum disease:
- Tender, swollen, or bleeding gums
- Increased calculus (tartar) and plaque buildup
- Abnormally bad breath
- Gums that pull away from the teeth
Many patients neglect receiving treatment when they are diagnosed with gum disease, because conventional periodontal surgery can be painful and may take an extended amount of time to heal. Dental surgery can also have a negative effect on patients with high blood pressure, diabetes, or heart disease.
Dr. Leitner utilizes Millennium Dental Technologies, Inc., Periolase MVP-7 Laser - the ONLY laser approved by the FDA for periodontal surgery. Using an advanced laser assisted new attachment procedure (LANAP) with Global Surgical Corp. Microscopes, Dr. Leitner is able to treat gum disease safely, gently, and with maximum precision.
What does LANAP do?
- Kills the bacteria that causes gum disease
- Loosens and removes the calculus (tartar) and plaque buildup below the gums
- Regenerates the gum tissue
- Creates a healthy environment for the body to heal
- Restores your smile giving it a new, healthy, natural look and feel
Periolase/LANAP is a great option for patients who have been diagnosed with gum disease. To learn more, please contact our practice and schedule an appointment with Dr. Leitner.
Dr. Leitner on WZZM 13